These tips don’t just work for NaNoWriMo. They work all year long. Some are easier than others, but all of them are worth considering when you are pressed for writing time. I’ve done them all at one time or another and I guarantee they work. 🙂
10. Delegate, especially at home.
9. Get up an hour earlier.
8. Pare down your schedule (social commitments, committees, etc).
7. Write in waiting rooms, at practices, before meetings.
6. Write on your lunch break.
5. Put your phone on Do Not Disturb, forward calls to voice mail, or turn it off.
4. Set up a regular writing date away from home (alone or with a writing buddy).
3. Set a timer for writing sprints throughout the day.
2. Put your television in storage (or give it away).
1. Shut down the internet (or use a program that blocks it for a specified period of time such as Freedom).