Tomorrow will be the dawn of 2014. Everyone makes resolutions for the New Year, and unfortunately many of us won’t keep them. So my only resolution this year is to do my best at every task I undertake. That should be easier to keep, right?
But I also have a To Do List. My goal is to accomplish this list by the end of the year.
– Write two full length novels (first draft at least)
– Write two plays (never before attempted *swallows lump in throat*)
– Write four novellas (at least 20k words each)
– Become a thorough and supportive editor
– Build my brand as an author
– Manage social media marketing without being sucked into its glittery vortex
– Maintain my blogs with a new post every week
– Publish A Dutiful Shadow
I will also be working on being a better support system for my fellow authors. We all work hard to hone and improve our craft. I think having fellow writers to interact with on a daily basis is important. My critique partners are invaluable. They are the extra push I need to write, to edit, and to grow.
So, now that I’ve shared my goals with you. Will you join me in this challenge? Jot down a few things you’d like to accomplish this year. Whether it’s joining a critique group, writing a novel or a short story, or just reading a novel a week, share your goal with us and we can all support each other in the light of this hopeful, shining New Year.
*raises a toast to you*
May you all have a Happy and Prosperous New Year!